Sunday, August 05, 2012

Just a regular guy with a burning desire to sing: The B.J. Thomas interview

 http://www.examiner.com/article/just-a-regular-guy-with-a-burning-desire-to-sing-the-b-j-thomas-interview


From the site:

"Chips walked up to me and said, “Let’s think of a song and let’s sing it with the band and see how it goes.” And that’s exactly what I did.

I always recorded my vocals live with the band. Usually we’d just start from scratch. After we chose whatever song we decided to record, we would learn it on the spot. Sometimes it might develop rather quickly; on other occasions it would take numerous takes to achieve the master. But it was always a natural progression. The entire process was fun to me.

The first time I sang with them it was like, They were my band, and I was their singer. We just fit together perfectly like hand-in-glove. I think a lot of singers can say that, because they were a great band. Chips and the Memphis Boys truly deserve to be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. They were capable of doing any kind of music."

No comments:

Post a Comment