Sunday, November 30, 2014

Ronnie Milsap Reflects on Ray Charles, Elvis and Entering the Country Hall of Fame

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/ronnie-milsap-interview-ray-charles-elvis-hall-of-fame-20141126

From the site:

You ended up in Memphis, working a lot with producer Chips Moman at American Studios. What do you remember about being in the studio with Elvis?
I got to play on the session with Elvis on "Kentucky Rain." "More thunder on the piano, Milsap," he said. I got to learn what hanging out with Elvis was all about. His big New Year's Eve party, I got to sit and talk with him like I'm talking with you. It was just great. He was the voice of my generation. I had a million questions to ask him, but he wanted to talk about that session of "Kentucky Rain," so we talked about that. I asked him, "Would you like to get up and sing tonight at this New Year's Eve party?" He said, "No, I want to sit here with my friends and not have to worry about singing." I said, "Well, we know all your songs." He knew we did, but he didn't want to get up and sing and that was fine. It was his party.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment