Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Musicians Remember Elvis' Talent, Character


  
“Keyboardist Bobby Wood bonded with Elvis because they were both from Mississippi, were from spiritual families and were lovers of gospel music. Presley was born in Tupelo and Wood grew up in nearby New Albany.

Wood recalls one day when they were sitting in the control room and he complimented Elvis on a diamond and ruby ring he was wearing.

“He just pulled it off and handed it to me. I looked and his name was on the inside of it,” Wood said. “I just handed it back to him and he said, ‘No, that’s yours.’“

Wood refused to take the ring: “I said, ‘I’m just here for you, man, I just want to be your friend. You don’t need to give me anything.’“

Stories about Presley’s generosity abound in his beloved Memphis.”

No comments:

Post a Comment