Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Another Cool Terry Manning Photo

Erick Crews, who runs the great American Studio Facebook page, recently made me aware of another cool Terry Manning photo. Here is the link:

http://prorecordingworkshop.lefora.com/2011/11/06/son-of-a-preacher-man/

From Terry's post at the site:
Here is a pretty poor low-res scan (from neg, not print) of that shot. Soon I will be making many original prints directly from the negatives, but all photo stuff has to wait in the queue of "so much to be done as soon as possible." (I just got a huge box of my negatives from the past back in my possession, after 24 years of being "lost".) In this photo Tom is tracking Son Of A Preacher Man. Bobby Emmons can be seen on organ through the CR window.
Please go to the site to view the picture since I don't yet have permission from Terry to post it. The post discusses Tommy Cogbill and the recording of Dusty's Son of a Preacher Man. Be sure to read all three pages of comments! Good stuff! Thanks Erick!

Update 8/5/12 -- received permission to post the photo -- great stuff!

Photograph © 2011, Terry Manning.  Used by permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment